- Locksmiths spend years mastering the art of lock picking. Knowing how to pick deadbolts and regular door locks is an indispensable skill when they are called upon to legally pick locks for customers. This is important so they can open locks without damaging them.
- A burglar’s first choice of breaking into your house is, surprisingly, not picking your lock. This is because of easier and faster techniques like kicking in your door or breaking a window.
- Just like there are hackers for computers, there are also people called “lock hackers” that pick locks for the enjoyment and challenge, even though it is illegal. There are numerous ‘how to’ videos of lock hackers on popular video sharing sites like YouTube showcasing their talents. Of course, these lock hackers risk arrest for breaking-and-entering charges.
- A basic knowledge of picking makes it evident that normal locks are not without their flaws, no matter how solid the engineering. Equipped with the know how and the correct tools, a thief can break almost any lock. (However, the Ultimate Lock has yet to be picked). There are even new electric lock pick guns on the market which can open most deadbolts in seconds, though they can be flaky depending on the lock.
- They do not work on the Ultimate Lock. Period!
In the event that your lock is picked, an affordable door lock such as the The Ultimate Lock could be beneficial for several reasons. To find out more visit www.theultimatelock.com.